Health plans can do much to help us to prevent illness and disease. We can have doctor copayments for doctor visits, free yearly exams, cancer screenings, bone density screenings, dental plans for our teeth. Critical illness plans if we get really sick. With a critical illness plan and a High Deductible Health Plan combo the critical illness plan would help pay the deductible. The peace of mind we get from paying Health Insurance Premiums knowing we will be well cared for should we ever need it is priceless. The vast improvements in the science of health care and prevention have made aging gracefully possible.
Too often we read about or hear about all the down sides of aging. Some of that may be particular to the American culture. In the Asian culture, for instance, the more mature people in their society are treasured for their wisdom gained from long years of life. In our youth oriented society being over 50 is seen as something that is inevitable but not to be envied. With the baby boomers starting to turn 65 in record numbers for about the next twenty years I think it’s time to take a look at the good things about being on the far side of fifty. Especially for women. Michelle Pfeiffer (pictured) was born on April 29, 1958. There was a study done once of the faces of beautiful women, quantifying the ratio of the width of the mouth with the width of the nose, attempting to find the perfect proportions for the perfect face of feminine beauty. The ratio turns out to be something like 1.7. The movie star with the most perfect proportions based on this measure was Michelle Pfeiffer. In that spirit here are some great things about getting older gathered from GovCentral:
- Your investment in health plans is finally beginning to pay off.
- Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
- Your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size.
- Your eyes won’t get much worse.
- Adult diapers are actually kind of convenient.
- Things you buy now won’t wear out.
- No one expects you to run into a burning building.
- Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can’t remember them either.
- There is nothing to learn the hard way.
- Your joints are more accurate that the National Weather Service.
- In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.