Your liver is an amazing, hard working organ. It does like 500 different things. It can take a lot of abuse but, if and when your liver gets sick, you are in serious, terrible trouble. For starters, if you are not covered by Medical Insurance you will have to find a job that offers Medical Insurance. That employer group Medical Insurance will eventually cover your liver disease. However, if you have been without Medical Insurance for 63 days or longer, the Medical Insurance provider does have the option of not covering any pre-existing conditions for 6 months. Depending on what type of liver disease you may have 6 months may be too long to save your life. One of the most positive aspects about carrying Medical Insurance is that it takes away the fear of how to deal with the unknown with regards to your health. Another good reason to have Medical Insurance would be to protect your ability to qualify for Medical Insurance. With individual Medical Insurance you must medically qualify for the policy. If you get a disease involving your liver and you do not have Medical Insurance you will not qualify for any major medical individual medical insurance plans.
If your liver gets sick, can it be healed? Some people think so. Milk-thistle can detox your liver while it stimulates the production of new liver cells. This is what Web Md has to say about milk-thistl e and liver disease. “Milk thistle is a flowering herb from the Mediterranean. People have traditionally used milk thistle for problems with the liver and gallbladder. Silymarin is an antioxidant compound taken from milk thistle seeds. Experts believe silymarin contains the active ingredients of the herb. Research has backed up some uses of milk thistle for liver health. It may have protective effects on the liver, preventing damage. There’s good evidence that milk thistle can help treat cirrhosis and chronic hepatitis, which can be caused by alcohol abuse or viruses. However, experts say that the evidence isn’t conclusive.”
Homeopathic treatment 4u is a web site devoted to homeopathic treatment of diseases. Most medical insurance providers do not cover homeopathic doctors or medicines. The web site claims that homeopathic remedies for liver disease:
- Improves the functioning of the liver and promotes health.
- Prevents problems associated with a sluggish liver such as depressed immune system, constant fatigue, obesity, sluggish digestive system, allergies, respiratory ailments, unhealthy skin, irritability
- Treats liver disease and prevents further damage to the liver in diseases like viral hepatitis, cirrhosis, fatty liver, hemochromatosis, alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency and Wilson’s disease
- Prevents healthy liver from damage caused by medications and alcohol
- Neutralizes toxins and acts as a liver-friendly anti-oxidant